Just for you I released a comprehensive list of tools you can use to create your very own picture quotes. A great list with my 10 most favorite free Desktop programs, online apps, iPhone Apps and Andriod Apps — there is something for everyone. So, go and grab the list (there’s a FREE PDF download available too! so you can read it on the go!) Have fun!
I really love sharing quotes! And who doesn’t! They inspire and usually they are fun, cute and just what you needed that day! They are easy to share and often you will see the same quote image floating around, over and over and over… And that’s where quote pictures lose a bit of their allure and glamour. You may just want to have yours branded and watermarked, so people know it’s yours. This is especially useful for those quotes of thoughts you wrote yourself.
There’s another good reason to consider branding your very own quote images: when you are online leading your audience and talking to them every day, it is very important that you remain the source of inspiration and help. If you are really dedicated to serving them, and serving them well, you want to have your message come from you and be branded appropriately. This is important for businesses of all sizes.
You may be thinking, “but, I’m not a designer and I’m not so good with images!! How will I get this done?”. There are some awesome, easy to use apps you can use on your iPhone, Android, iPad and on your desktop or laptop. You can get started with some fun quotes that are visually appealing. Just check the one below I posted on my IG some time back. It was created with InstaQuote, the text is my own from my thoughts journal!
1. Create quote images with Apps
Use one of the following apps (these are just my favorite, there are many more, you might find some you like better):
- Pic Collage (iPad)
- Pixlr.com (Desktop, they also have an iPhone/iPad app for this service)
- InstaFrames (iPhone/iPad)
- InstaQuote (iPhone/iPad)
- PicMonkey (Desktop)
- Fotor (Desktop)
All the desktop apps work from your browser and do not require any downloads or installations.
2. Create your own images with your smartphone camera
The only problem: You can’t really claim ownership of the image because it’s part of an app bundle.
I can’t give you legal advice, but if you feel antsy about it, there are other things you can do! Here are a few ideas:
- Commission a designer to create a set that match your preferences, and I don’t mean just use plain colors. I can help create your graphics, just drop me a line!
- Use your smartphone to make pictures you can use to create backgrounds with filters. Below are some fun pictures I took that will become my branded background pack.
- Get crafty!! Pull out the paint, pencils, make-up, colors, scrap gear, marbles, rocks, plants, wax or anything you can get creative with and make some fun scapes then take a picture and you will have a VERY unique set of images to create background bundles.
You don’t need to be a full fledge designer to make things that work for your business, I have a friend who owns and online shop that sells fabulous accessories, her name is Mia Salituro, and she does all the design herself in paint for her store Foreign Chic. I love how urban and modern it all looks and it is SO simple. The power of her brand is that she is being true to herself, all her orders include hand written and drawn notes and her logo drawn by hand, I keep them to remember her. I truly cherish them because she did them by hand :). You can check out her store here!!
…and that is what your branded images should be about!!
Did you like the ideas presented in this article? Want to add some of your own? Just post your comments below!